We are excited to welcome you back to Chamomile Sanctuary!
The safety of our valued team and clients will always be of paramount importance. As we plan to re-open we are making some changes which you will notice on arrival at the spa.
We have invested in additional ventilation, PPE and team training. New Policies and procedures have also been created with specific reference to Covid-19. These will be updated as/when appropriate in line with Scottish Government guidelines.
Please read our guidelines ahead of your appointment. Should you have any questions or concerns please email the spa reception on firstname.lastname@example.org
Symptoms of Coronavirus
On arrival you will be screened for Covid19 and checked in by our receptionist.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, please stay at home and reschedule your appointment:
- Continuous cough
- Fever/high temperature – 37.8C or higher
- Loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste
Tuesday – 10am to 6pm
Wednesday – 10am to 7pm
Thursday – 10am to 7pm
Friday – 10am to 6pm
Saturday – 9am to 5pm
Sunday – 10am to 6pm
Payment & Cancellation
We ask that during this difficult time you pay by card only and in advance when booking your appointment so as to avoid any unnecessary contact once you are in the Spa.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to cancel any appointment in order to get a full refund. Anything less will forfeit payment.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required if you wish to reschedule your appointment. Anything less and we will be unable to accommodate your request. In these circumstances, if you are unable to attend your appointment, payment will be forfeited.
This also includes any treatments booked under a Course. Treatments booked under a course will be forfeited if less than 48 hours’ notice is given for a cancellation or rescheduling.
If you have developed symptoms of Covid-19 please let us know as soon as possible and stay home. We will be delighted to rebook when you feel better in accordance with government guidelines.
In the event that Chamomile Sanctuary is required to close temporarily due to updated Covid-19 restrictions, all existing appointments will be rescheduled to an appropriate future date. Under these circumstances refunds will not be issued.
Track & Trace
We may be required to share your contact details with employees of the NHS under the Track and Trace Programme.
Updated Patch Test Info
As per the manufacturer’s instructions, we require each client returning to the spa for any form of tint to undergo a patch test.
Thereafter, it is important that clients have a further patch test if there is any chance to your medical history including/having :
- a COVID-19 vaccine
The NHS advises that following a Covid-19 vaccine side-effects may be experienced for around a week. Therefore, to ensure that any side-effects are not confused with a patch test reaction, the patch test must be done at least two weeks after you have been vaccinated – both first and second dose.
What you need to know – please read the following ahead of your appointment:
If you have joined our waiting list for a treatment involving a tint we will be in touch to discuss this with you and confirm a patch test ahead of your appointment booking.
- On booking, you will receive an email confirmation of your appointment. Please read this carefully as this will contain details of our Guidelines for your visit to the Spa.
- 24 hours before your appointment, you will receive an email reminding you of your appointment. This email will also include a link to 2 forms:
- Covid-19 Form
- Consultation Form
ALL clients must complete both forms and return ahead of their first appointment back in the Spa after we re-open. Failure to do so will result in your appointment being cancelled with the loss of your prepayment. Please note that the responsibility for ensuring that these forms are returned in good time is yours. Our team will not be chasing these.
You will be asked to complete the Covid-19 Form every time you visit the Spa.
Consultation Forms must be completed for your first appointment, where there has been a change in your medical history and for any new clients.
Please read the following information below before your appointment:
- Please wear a face covering immediately on arrival and during your appointment. Face coverings can be removed for face treatments but done in accordance with our guidelines. Please see below. Should you arrive without a face covering we can provide a one-use face mask at cost.
- If you are having a face treatment, you are allowed to remove your face covering for your treatment. You must not remove this for the treatment until you are on the treatment bed and our therapist has indicated that you can now remove this. You must put your face covering back on immediately after the treatment has finished and before you leave the treatment bed. Please do not speak with the therapist during the treatment unless you absolutely have to.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival at the Spa. We will be unable to allow you access into the Spa if your temperature exceeds 37.8C.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to Chamomile. Please use this immediately on entry.
- Social distancing will operate in the spa at all times. Please observe this in all areas of the spa.
- Please arrive for your appointment alone. Guests will not be permitted entry.
- Please arrive for your appointment 2 mins early, and no more, so we can conduct our health check with you. Please be aware that you may be asked to wait at the door.
- Should you be more than 10 minutes late for your appointment we will be unable to provide the treatment and you will forfeit your prepayment. Arrival of less than 10 minutes late will be deducted from your treatment.
- Please bring only one handbag/briefcase.
- We will not have testers out for use in the retail area. Should you wish to purchase any products please advise our receptionist before you visit us. We can then take payment over the phone and have this ready for you on your arrival.
- Alternatively you can purchase products via our website and the products will be sent out to you.
- Gift Cards can be purchased via our website and will be posted to you or can be emailed should you request this.
- We will be unable to provide magazines and would ask that you do not bring these into the Spa.
- We will be unable to provide any refreshments but are happy for you to bring refreshments provided you are not having a manicure.
- We would ask that you do not use your mobile phone in the Spa except when you are having a pedicure, and in those circumstances we ask that you do not use your phone to make or receive calls.
- Access to the toilet is permitted and will be on request only.
- Our Relaxation Room and Changing Room are not in use.
What we have done to ensure your safety:
- Full risk assessment carried out by an independent company, the HR Department.
- Full compliance with existing Government Guidelines
- All our colleagues have been trained in social distancing and additional hygiene measures.
- There will be additional time between appointments to allow for additional cleaning and steralisation.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for client’s use throughout the spa.
- Additional regular cleaning will be undertaken including wiping door handles, toilet flush etc..
- Receptionist will be behind a screen and we request card prepayment only during this time.
- All therapists will wear appropriate PPE at all times.We have removed some of our treatments from our menu where it has been necessary to do so. This will be reviewed regularly.
Nail Clients – Please Note:
- For all hand treatments please remove any rings, bracelets and watches before entering Spa.
- As we can no longer offer you any refreshments inc fizz with our luxury treatments you are invited to bring your own (non-alcohol) on the basis you will take them with you upon leaving.
- For the timebeing we ask you to refrain from touching any personal belongings inc mobile phones and refreshments whilst having a hand treatment.
- Coats/jackets must be put on the back of manicure chair or directly by your side on pedicure couch.
- Your 1 permitted bag must be placed on the back/or under manicure chair or directly by your side on pedicure couch.
- We have removed our vinylux file and polish on hands and/or feet from our treatment menu.
- We will now only remove any shellac or gelbottle polish that has been applied at Chamomile.
- We can no longer take appointments for only a shellac or gelbottle removal. They are to be combined with either a removal with tidy or a mini/full/luxury manicure or pedicure.
- We will not remove any form of nail enhancements.
- As we are currently unable to offer you a place to relax while your vinylux polish dries, we ask you to bring your own flip flops should you be having vinylux on your toes. You will also be asked to put your coat on before the application of vinylux if having a manicure.
- Our nail loyalty cards are no longer valid.
- Shellac or gelbottle polish repairs will be complimentary up to 5 days after application. Please note that an image of necessary repair should be emailed in advance.
- Any repairs after 5 days will incur a charge of £5 per nail for shellac and £6 (Covid-19 surcharge charged in addition)
- We can no longer offer any vinylux repairs.
Until further notice, and in line with Scottish Government restrictions including the mandatory wearing of face coverings at all time when in the spa, the treatment menu we are able to offer is reduced. Currently you can book in for –
Waxing (excluding lip and chin wax)
CACI Eye Revive with Electro Mask
Guinot Eye Lift
We very much hope to be able to offer our full treatment menu very soon.